THE RITZ-CARLTON CLEVELAND
1515 West Third Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
An urban oasis, The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland boasts 205 recently-renovated rooms overlooking historic Cleveland monuments, the serpentine Cuyahoga River, the southern shore of Lake Erie, and sports arena venues. The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland’s artistic restaurant MUSE, located in the inviting main lobby of this historic hotel, offers guests the experience to dine on simple seasonal and local cuisine.
Sweet Potato Pana Cotta, Black Mission Fig
Hazelnut Vinaigrette & Balsamic Banyuls Reduction
Petite Garden Collage 1 pack
Black Mission Fig 1 ea
Sweet Potatoes 2 ea
Heavy Cream 16 oz
Gelatin Sheets 4 ea
Molasses 3 Tbsp.
Shallot 1 ea
Lemon 1 (Zest & Juice)
-8 Vinegar 2 Tbsp
Banyul Vinegar 1/2 C
Balsamic Vinegar 1/2 C
1. Roast Sweet Potato in oven till completely cooked
2. In the robo coupe place molasses, cinnamon, cardamom & peeled roasted sweet potato and puree till smooth.
3. Bloom 4 sheets of gelatin in ice water, once bloomed place in a double boiler to melt.
4. Place your heavy cream in a pot and bring to a scald. Remove from heat.
5. Quickly Whisk cream and gelatin into sweet potato mixture. Set mixture in mold and refrigerate until firm.
1. In a medium mixing bowl, place mustard powder, -8 Vinegar, minced shallot, lemon (Juice and Zest), cardamom & Hazelnut Syrup and whisk.
2. Slowly stir in canola oil till fully incorporated.
Balsamic Banyul Reduction:
1. Take balsamic & Banyul vinegars and place in a small sauce pot with bay leaves, juniper berries & a cinnamon stick and reduce till nappe.
2 oz Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
1 oz Chai Liqueur
1 oz Frangelico
Top off with Cream
Constantine Vourliotis, Chef de Cuisine
Chef de cuisine Constantine Vourliotis came “home” to The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland five years ago. While he is originally from Miami, Florida, Chef Vourliotis spent most of his childhood in the Cleveland area. During his time in Florida, Chef Vourliotis studied at Johnson and Wales University. Prior to moving into his role as chef de cuisine in MUSE, Chef Vourliotis was chef de partie in MUSE and before that, worked for a variety of food and beverage teams.
Kerry Morse, Food & Beverage Supervisor
Born and raised in Cleveland, Kerry Morse is a graduate of The Ohio State University, College of Human Ecology and holds a degree in Hospitality Management and a minor from The Fisher College of Business. Ms. Morse has experience in all facets of Front of House food and beverage. She has been with The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland for one year. She plans to continue educating herself in new areas of the hospitality industry within The Ritz-Carlton system.