The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
280 Vanderbilt Beach Road
Naples, FL 34108
Experience Florida’s Paradise Coast at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. Featuring dazzling views of the Gulf of Mexico, three miles of pristine beaches, world-class restaurants, and impeccable service, The Ritz-Carlton in Naples, Florida, offers an unforgettable retreat in one of the world’s most beautiful locations.
Split Pea Nage:
1 cup Smoked Bacon, small dice
1 ea Onion, small dice
1 ea Leek, white only, small dice
2 ea Shallots, small dice
1 tbsp Garlic, sliced
2 cups Split Peas
1 cup White Wine
3 quarts Chicken Stock (reserved ham hock liquid)
4 sprigs fresh Thyme
2 ea Bay Leaves
salt and pepper
*1 cup Spinach, blanch and drain
1. Caramelize bacon. Add onions, leeks, shallots, and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
2. De glaze with white wine.
3. Add split peas, chicken stock, and herbs. Cook until peas are tender.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Remove herbs.
5. In a blender, puree all ingredients (adding blanched spinach) with just enough liquid to achieve desired consistency.
6. Strain though a chinoise.
White Bean-Smoked Ham Hock Fritter:
4 ea Ham Hocks
2 quarts Chicken Stock
2 cups White Beans (pre-soaked)
1 ea Carrot, small dice
1/2 cup Onion, small dice
1 ea Celery stalk, small dice
2 sprigs fresh Thyme
2 ea Bay Leaves
1 tbsp Roasted Garlic, puree
1. Place ham hocks, beans, vegetables, herbs, and chicken stock into a small sauce pot.
2. Gently simmer until beans are tender and ham hocks are fully cooked.
3. Remove herbs and ham hocks. Pick meat from the hocks, mince, and reserve.
4. Remove beans and vegetables from stock. Reserve stock and use for the split pea nage.
5. Puree beans until smooth.
6. Combine with minced ham hocks and roasted garlic puree.
7. Place through standard breading procedure. Deep fry until golden brown at 350° F.
Butternut Squash, cut into disk shape
Celery, Peal, paysanne cut
Chanterelle Mushroom, small, quartered
Celery Root, Large dice
Gently sauté vegetables, being careful not to add too much color (except fennel).
2 ea Scallops
Season with salt and pepper. Sear to golden brown.
Pour ingredients over ice in strainer, shake vigorously for 15 seconds, strain into chilled glass (preferably 6 ounce pilsner) and garnish with tops of Lemongrass Stalk and candied ginger.
Split lemongrass stalks, slow boil in 2 cups of water, reduce by half and add 1/2 cup sugar. Continue to cook until reaching syrup consistency. Chill. Reserve tops of lemongrass stalks for garnish.