National S’mores Day – August 10th
It seems there is a national holiday for everything imaginable. Here are a couple of ‘adult’ versions of the famous gooey, chocolaty treat!
Test your S’mores knowledge below.
Enjoy the Smoretini cocktail recipe for a crowd without the need for campfire.
32 ounces Smirnoff or Your Favorite Vodka
16 ounces Chocolate Liqueur
1 64-ounce pitcher
1 sleeve of graham crackers or more if needed
1 jar marshmallow creme (Marshmallow Fluff)
16 martini glasses
1 bag wooden skewers
1 bag miniature marshmallows
Pour vodka and chocolate liqueur into pitcher and stir. Refrigerate for several hours until very cold. Crush a graham crackers and place into a small bowl. Rim martini glasses with marshmallow crème. Dip glasses into graham cracker crumbs and shake gently to remove excess. Place marshmallows on skewers and toast over an open flame (grill or fire pit preferably). Pour 3 ounces of cold drink mixture into each prepared glass and serve with toasted marshmallow as garnish.
Continue reading on Examiner.com Chocolaty cocktail and mocktail recipes for National S’mores Day – National cocktails | Examiner.com
1 1/2 oz Three Olives Chocolate Vodka
1 teaspoon Monin Chocolate sauce
1 oz Monin Toasted Marshmallow Syrup
(available at www.monin.com)
Garnish: ground-graham-cracker-rimmed glass and big marshmallow & chocolate stick
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Measure in vodka, chocolate sauce and syrup. Cap and shake vigorously. Strain into graham-cracker-crumb-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with marshmallow skewered with a chocolate stick.
1. What was the first printed record of a S’mores recipe?
a. A Girl Scout Handbook in 1927
b. A Boy Scout handbook in 1952
c. Hershey’s company handbook 1949
2. HONEY MAID Graham Crackers are a prime component of a S’more. What year were they introduced?
3. August 10th, 2006 marked the first national S’mores day. Who sponsored it?
4. Americans buy a lot of marshmallows a year, just how many do you think?
a. 10 million pounds
b. 90 million pounds
c. 35 million pounds
1. a. A Girl Scout Handbook in 1927
2. b. 1925 – Every HONEY MAID Graham Cracker is made with the goodness of 5 grams of whole grain per serving and real honey.
3. c. None other than the Hershey Company!
4. b. Americans are said to buy 90 MILLION pounds of marshmallows a year! During the summer over 50% are said to be roasted over the fire.