Watermelon Infused Cocktails
Refreshing, healthy and sweet – watermelon continues to be the ultimate summer cocktail ingredient. The possibilities are endless. Check out the following Grey Goose Watermelon Martini, Leblon Basil Watermelon Caipirinha and Sailor Jerry Watermelon Daiquiri. Also take our watermelon quiz.
- 1 cup watermelon juice (press through a sieve or cheesecloth)
- 4 oz Grey Goose Vodka
- 2 oz Monin simple syrup
- juice of 1 lime
- Watermelon slices, for garnish (optional)
Wet the rim of a chilled martini glass with a piece of watermelon. Dip the rim into a sugar and salt mixture. Place the watermelon juice, vodka, lime juice, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker. Top with ice. Shake well. Pour contents through strainer into martini glasses. Garnish with a wedge of watermelon if desired.
- 2 oz Leblon Cachaça
- 4 cubes fresh watermelon
- 4 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz agave nectar (‘in the Mix’ suggests Monin)
- 1/4 oz Grenadine
Muddle watermelon and basil. Add remaining ingredients, shake, and serve in rocks glass. Garnish with a Watermelon Ball.
- 2 medium-sized chunks of fresh watermelon
- 2 ounces Sailor Jerry rum
- 1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce Monin Simple Syrup
Muddle watermelon in the bottom of mixing glass. Add rum, lime juice and simple syrup and shake vigorously with ice. Strain into chilled daiquiri cocktail glass. Garnish with melon slice.
1. True or False:
Watermelon is the most consumed melon in the U.S.
2. What country is the number one producer of Watermelon?
3. True or False:
A watermelon is high in calories, but contains many vitamins and minerals.
4. The largest Watermelon ever grown was?
a. 67 lbs
b. 549 lbs
c. 268 lbs
5. True or False:
A watermelon is in the same family as cantaloupe, pumpkin and squash.
2. a. China
3. False – It’s low in calories and cholesterol free and high in vitamins and minerals.
4. c. 268lbs
5. True – It’s actually a vegetable as is cantaloupe, pumpkin and squash.