Click on photo left to view video
PAVAN is a muscat grape-based French liqueur with a hint of orange flower aroma and taste, which makes it lovely in both food and drinks. This video shows how to make a creme caramel (egg custard dessert) and a milk punch using this tasty cordial.
Crème Caramel (about 6 servings)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Pavan Liqueur
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pavan liqueur
- Heat the oven to 325°F.
- In a saucepan heat 2 cups cream, 1/4 cup milk and ½ cup Pavan in a medium saucepan over medium heat until boiling (you’ll see small bubbles on the sides of the pan).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, slowly whisk 1/2 cup of the sugar into the egg yolks and eggs.
- Slowly whisk the hot cream / milk into the egg / sugar mixture
- Heat ½ cup sugar mix with 3 tablespoons Pavan in saucepan to create caramel
- pour into ramekins
- add egg / cream / sugar mixture
- bake for about 40 minutes
- let cool, flip upside down on a small plate to serve
Pavan Peacock Punch (serves 4 – 6) Can be served warm or cold
- 1 cup Pavan liqueur
- ½ cup peach tea
- 2 cups milk
- garnish: fresh nutmeg or grated orange zest
Pour all ingredients into a pitcher. Pour into ice-filled glasses to serve.